DEPARTMENT: Property Management
REPORTS TO: Regional Property Manager
SALARY RANGE: $22 -$26 hourly
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Property Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall health and safety of tenants residing in the apartment complex. Conducting and/or supervising the repair and maintenance of the buildings, units, and grounds as necessary including preventive maintenance. Ability to manage a timeline for upcoming maintenance needs and complete unit turnovers in a timely manner. The maintenance technician must have the capability of performing repairs/replacements on electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems and the ability to perform and/or supervise painting, carpentry, landscaping duties and other repairs as necessary.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Mathematical calculations and problem solving, reading, and writing, application of analytical skills is required. Completion or oversight of work necessary to assure the overall safety of tenants. Must have ability to exercise good judgment and self-control, be trustworthy, and able to demonstrate an ability to deal with residents, peers, and co-workers. Knowledge of state and federal housing programs and fair housing laws is preferred. Experience working with confidential client information, strong communication and organizational skills are preferred.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Property duties:
• Weekly property inspections
• Work with Community Manager to monitor apartment vacancies and ensure efficient turnovers.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
• Maintain clean property grounds: snow removal, landscaping needs, etc.
• Keep detailed and clean maintenance logs.
• Act as Safety Coordinator for the property. This includes hazard assessments, develop safety policies and procedures, and manage safety data sheets.
• Manage and prioritize work orders
• Prepare vacant units for Move in
• Inspect units at move-in & move out
• Perform annual unit inspections
• Coordinate subcontractors (as needed/ if any)
• Identify, troubleshoot basic maintenance requests
• Repair basic plumbing, leaks, electrical, carpentry, painting and appliance issues in rental units and common areas.
Capital Project Management
• Manage Subcontractors
• Coordinate project timing with tenants
• Capital planning with Regional Property Manager
View the Full Job Description Here: YVHA JOB DESCRIPTION Maintenance Technician